You have discovered your passion for Espresso and are consuming a delicious shot of strong coffee on a regular basis, each and every day; you start to worry
Will Espresso Make Me Fat?
Well let’s break this down
- A single shot of Espresso contains 9 calories
- A double shot of Espresso contains 18 calories
So what’s your daily calorie intake from your Espresso consumption?
- If you drink a couple of Espresso’s a day that’s only 18 calories or 36 calories if you drink double shots
- If you’re an Espresso enthusiast and drink six shots a day that’s only 54 calories or 108 calories if you drink double shots
- If you’re a hardcore Espresso drinker and drink ten shots a day that’s only 90 calories or 180 calories if you drink double shots.
18-180 extra calories a day is no cause for concern. Also, caffeine is a well known fat burner, so if anything the high caffeine content of the Espresso you’re drinking will help burn fat not add fat.
Espresso will NOT make you fat; if you’re drinking a lot of Espresso and gaining fat, it will be an issue with your diet, not your Espresso consumption.